Thursday, June 4, 2015

Random Past Posts

I have posted stuff on facebook about pain, or about faith before.  I wanted to get everything collected over here -

September 2013
Heavenly Father sure takes good care of my animals! I woke up this morning suddenly, feeling that I needed to find Sammi-Cat NOW! So I opened the bedroom door so she could come in, feeling a little amused. She wasn't there - or in any of her places she hangs, and didn't come when I called. Searched in the garage - nope. So threw on clothes and went outside (she is an indoor cat). I was directed to the middle of the front yard where I just stood and called for her for about 15 minutes. I couldn't hear her over the cars and birds, and I kept looking up to see if she was in a tree or something, and then she finally trotted up to me. Don't know where she was all night, or why I needed to get her right that minute, but the prodigal cat is safe at home. Shall we kill the fatted mouse? I feel very grateful!


Dec 2014
I am feeling so grateful today- for my blessings, for my family, for the gospel in my life, and for my trials that shape me into the person I am supposed to be. I don't always have that eternal perspective- but today it all seems so clear and present. I love moments of clarity like this, when the cares of this world don't seem to matter for a moment.
I love all of you friends in my life and how you have helped me get to this point, and I am excited to see what else this life has to show me. Thank you for being you!

Nov 2014
Three day headache finally broke this afternoon- few things feel better than "not in pain anymore".

July 2014
I am pleased to announce that I have discovered the cure for the migraine! After throwing everything I had at it for two days, I sent Keith to the grocery store to get what I was craving. The secret cure is Doritos, Orange Sunkist, and Peanut MnM's. It is working for now, at least. Fingers crossed!!

April 2014
It was 10 years ago this month that I found a lump in my 5 year old son's leg and was introduced to the world of childhood cancer. When I look back at that time, what jumps out at me the most are the people - people that I barely knew, or didn't know - that were moved to show me and my family kindness. Some members of our square dance club felt moved to run a fund raiser that covered - almost to the dollar - all of our out of pocket medical expenses. A lady we never met donated a beautiful handmade quilt to raffle off. Miracles and help from quiet places that we never would have thought of looking proved to us over and over that God was watching out for us, and He was using people to be His hands. I am so grateful for the people that were willing to listen to the promptings of His spirit, who were willing to take time to make that sacrifice, to show that extra love. Whether it was helping to feed my children at home while I was in the hospital for "big guns" chemo with Joseph, or bringing in a clean load of laundry, so many wonderful people made a difficult time of our lives easier, and now, ten years later, I am still so thankful that they were listening and willing to serve.

April 2014
SOOOOOO- sat on a cold, wet concrete floor in a skirt today to love on 8 puppies. Got up after 15 minutes, and stood all the way upright for the first time in 3 days! It has been over 6 hours, pretty much pain free.
PUPPY POWER!!!!

March 2014
So, Joshua was following me on the freeway in the rain, driving his new car. I tried to keep right in front of him and kept looking in my mirror to check and make sure he was going the right way. It occurred to me that this was similar to life as my children get older. I have to make my way down the road toward my goal of getting back to my Father in Heaven, and I want my children to follow along. I can't make them go the right way, or steer the car for them- but I keep looking behind me for glimpses of them and pray that they also follow on the right road and not get lost in the mists and storms.

April 2015
It is funny what I measure feeling good by-
This morning I was able to stand and brush my teeth for the full two minutes that the toothbrush runs without hurting and having to turn it off early and go sit down! I find that quite an accomplishment smile emoticon



Ap

No comments:

Post a Comment